Tuesday 4 May 2010

A broken heart.

How do you know you've got a broke heart?
NO, YOU DON'T.
Untill someone told you so.
Beautiful thing, your heart is.
I am thinking of catching a falling star? 
And you don't know how.
Food and love.
x.

I had many nightmares last night. I don't know if it was because of the Crozes Hermitage that I've drank or the heart broken story that I've heard. I am thinking to send Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia away again but am afraid that it's not serious enough for the one who is suffering.

Is time a good healer? Is it such a lame thing to say to a friend in pain?

The nightmares came at every hour all through the night. I guess it had reminded me too much of some past experiences that I had tried to avoid at all costs. 

A bowl of hot chicken soup. Will it help at all?

This is what I would have cooked, if I was there.

1 spring chicken, free range. Cut it up to 6 portions plus carcass.
1 bunch of spring onions

A large handful of shitake mushroom
1 large carrot
A few sticks of celery
1 whole garlic, separate to cloves and crushed
1 thumb size of ginger
A sprig of thyme
2 bird's eye red chilli
2 tbsp Mirin
2 tbsp Taiwanese rice wine
4 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
A handful of coriander
A few sticks of asparagus

And this is how I would cook it:

Sliced up the spring onions, chilli, shitake mushrooms, ginger, carrot and celery.
In a large pot, heat up 2 tbsp oil. Drop in the chopped vegetables and fry them for 3 minutes before add in the crushed garlic, the spring chicken portions plus carcass and thyme. Toss all of them from time to time for anther 3 minutes.
Fill the pot with enough water to cover the spring chicken. Bring it to boil before adding the seasonings. While it is cooking, slice up the asparagus.

Add the asparagus when the chicken soup has boiled for 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to simmer and leave it for anther minute.

To serve the chicken soup my way. The meat of chicken has to be torn to pieces by hands. With some coriander to garnish.

It is a large hug to the stomach. I hope it would have help at all for the broke heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment