Thursday 14 April 2016

Carnet Gourmand again! The far eastern restaurants in Lyon

Did I say I like this place Carnet Gourmand a lot?

Well I do.
My beloved tofu dish!

We went back again this week again. We've repeated a few dishes and tried some new ones.

The usual for Mr. G!

One of my old time favourites. This dish of aubergine is a revelation!

Mr. G ordered his Chinese Staple item: Beef noodle stir fry...

See how happy he is!

So we were told by our Mandarin speaking professor that there are two essential Chinese restaurants to dine at:

One is Carnet Gourmand and the other one is called: Engimono- looked Japanese from outside with the trained Oriental eyes but I suppose for French people- they only care if the food is good or not.

We went to Engimono this week too. We had two sets of menu midi at €11: for Ravioli (5 dumplings, pork or shrimp) starters and dumpling soup or daily plate (special dish with soup and rice on the side), which I think is very reasonable.

I have only taken the photos of dumplings. They are Properly Chinese- traditionally they are poached instead of steamed and part fried like Potsticker or Gyoza. My professor talked nothing but how delicious those dumplings are.


While I am on the subject of Far eastern food in Lyon- We have also went to this lovely Thai place recently on Rue Neuve. It's called: Cocoo

Buffet à volonté at €14 weekday lunch, what's not to like? The food is fresh and correct. You can take whatever you want: starters/ main courses/ noodles/ fried rice/ desserts/ fruit...
I am not surprised that there were people going in non stop (it looks small from outside but it is actually a very large restaurant) while I was waiting for Mr. G on Rue Neuve that day. I am taking my Thai food loving friends back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment