Sunday 10 April 2016

SHACK BBQ LYON

Life in Lyon is... shouldn't be fast paced comparing to London, but "too much to eat and drink but too little time to write about it!"

I am not the most diligent blogger as I know but too much have been experienced in a very short space of time- I don't know if I can ever do justice to all the wonderful things I have eaten and experienced.

Ok so randomly we were looking for a place for lunch, just like every other day here.

I had booked somewhere after my morning french class at Alliance française de Lyon.

But as we walked up the usual stairs following Google map- I remembered there was somewhere nearby we saw and it looked just like somewhere extremely promising for a meal- so we turned right instead of left- here we were: SHACK- BBQ restaurant. Vaguely I remember reading about it in those tourist booklets. (Expats' live, you often don't know where you are from where you thought you were...)

It started off by looking at IT- it looks like as if it is not open, from the usual ground floor level. Sticking my nose flat (with very little difficulty) up to the window and I saw there were some movements- It's open! So we went in and asked for a table. A table it is!

First floor by the window!



And we received our menu...

Menu Midi is €16 (3 course with everything!)

On the day of our lucky lunch: the soup maison is: Asian noodle soup with shrimps (think like like little pho) and other one is grilled tofu.

We took each:



Main course we took blackened beef steaks, saignant (with quite a lot of red)

Each of us took different item to go with: Macaroni or mini baked potatoes

Mr. G took the dessert after and we both had a mini coffee, everything inclusive ( I am not of the sweet tooth tribe)

€16 menu midi for the weekdays- good steak with starters and desserts and coffee- what's not to love about it??? I am coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment