Friday 23 April 2010

GREAT Britain! Happy St. George's Day.

So, on this Happy St. George's evening... I am listening to White Russian by Viktoria Tolstoy and drinking Berrys' House Red by Berry Bros & Rudd. I love it. The wine relaxes me. The music; reminded me of someone. I actually don't believe that someone has such a taste in modern jazz but then I learnt this music from this certain someone, perhaps you never get to know anyone fully.

The day of this private chef started like this: waking up every 2 hours over night because of having a cold. Actually jumping into the shower at 05:40 and jumping into the black cab at 06:10. (I know... such a luxury but it is a Friday after all...) Started this almost full English breakfast at the same time while pulling the plates and fruit salad out into the dinning area at 06:18. Shall I be proud of myself? I finished everything at 07:00. That includes:

Cooking the folowing items:

Toulous sausages
portobelle mushrooms
baked beans
smoked streaky bacon
hash brown

Also: Setting up the whole dinning areas. (this usually takes about 20 minutes alone) Checking all the fridges in the 2 levels. Bloody making the daily smoothies.

I am proud! I was like this little busy bee springing ups and downs while leaving things to cook on my fake stove and in the fake oven. (I will explain all of these in the later days..) You would think that being a chef is just about cooking delicious food? NO! You have to organise!-- Everything!

And I had all the compliments in the world this morning and many smiles and thank youS. Silly no? But then I started off that I only wanted to prove that I could do it. And I did it. It is possible.

Since it is the St. George's day. I cannot escape the traditions: Roast Beef (like how the Frenchies called the Brits) and Yorkshire puddings. I've also done the smoked haddock fish cakes for the veggies and lots veggie sides. One thing that was fun to make (ok, the slicing of the ROAST BEEF was the fun-est part of my day but it is not too bad either.): was that hardboiled eggs and Montgomery cheddar sorta salad. It is so yummy, I almost ruined my chef's dignity- wanting to dip my fingers into it and EATing it. I binded the two ingredients with skinny mayo (no doubt, it is no news for the US readers....) and seasoned it with lots grinds of white peppers. It was nice. Though I must admit that using the egg slicer thing is a bit of a cheat but then (hey!) I am a busy chef!

I roasted the Enormous beef joint (I think my meat supplier must had a laugh while they packed my order... they delivered TWO mammoth size of roast beef joints. While I am only ever cooking for 25-30. And those are the nice and neat office guys, not the rugby players! 1 of the joints they've sent to me, feeds 2 times of the people in my little feeding universe!) in my fake oven, turned it every 30 minutes. Smeared lots of French mustard onto this fat baby and of course seasoned generously with salt and a bit of pepper grinds. It turned out to be PERFECT! Rustic outside and gentle Pink inside! (just like the perfect guy would be like!) I don't think that I have done it better at Le Cordon Bleu!

Great that I've pleased all of those Anglo people and the rest of the world. Mark said to me that: "I am feeling so spoiled today... with everything!" Equally pleased was my lovely Virgo boss; she had 2 helpings this lunch (during diet mode!). I think the act says much more than what she'd told me.

I am moving onto "the way you move" now. Nice tune for the Friday night. I find the US accent very amusing! I've also learnt how special "hell's kitchen" in NY is from a very SATC lady while she is sporting her golden heeled 3 inches in the office. I must say I am very tempted to go and see it for myself!

I am glad that finally I've a reader today! Very happy! The review was positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment